As physical therapy and healthcare is considered an essential service, JACO Rehab continues to be open for patients that are in need of physical therapy services. Your health and safety continue to be our #1 priority. Please take a moment to review our screening questions and enhanced cleaning procedures, and contact our office if you have answered “YES” to any of the questions below.
If you feel for any reason you should not attend your appointment, your therapist will be more than happy to discuss any questions you may have pertaining to your previously prescribed exercises over the phone. More and more insurances are also now approving TELEHEALTH services. To find out if your insurance covers telehealth services, or to inquire about self-pay options, please give us at call at (808) 381-8947. To learn more about telehealth, visit our page here.
This site will be updated as this situation evolves. Mahalo for your cooperation and understanding.
Watch our feature on KHON to see what we’re doing to keep you safe in the clinic!
WHAT WE’RE DOING…
In order to minimize the exposure of COVID-19, measures are being implemented to ensure your safety.
In light of the current coronavirus situation, we are conducting additional screening to ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Traveled outside of Oʻahu in the lats 14 days?
- Been exposed to an individual with known or suspected COVID-19?
- Had any symptoms of respiratory infection, cold, or flu symptoms? (i.e. fever over 100.4 degrees, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, diarrhea)
If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, please let our staff know immediately so we can reschedule your appointment. You will be advised to contact your physician and to postpone therapy for 14 days.
Each therapist and patient that comes into our clinic must wear a mask. Our therapists are required to wear medical masks and face shields at all times. Patients should wear face masks that cover both nose and mouth areas and have a proper fit. Face masks with valves or vents are not allowed. Neck gaiters and bandanas are also not permitted.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures:
Using medical grade cleaning solution to clean all equipment and patient treatment tables after each use. The waiting room is cleaned with the same solution every hour.
Extra attention is paid to surfaces that are touched most often by different individuals. As part of standard infection control practices in the clinic/office, routine cleaning will be continued:
- Cleaning and disinfection of high contact surfaces such as:
- Doorknobs/handles and push plates – Our doors are remaining open to alleviate touching
- Light switches
- iPads, stylus
- Desks and chairs
- Break room tables and chairs
- Sink faucets
- Handles on gym equipment
- Shared telephones
- Shared computer keyboards and mice
- Treatment tables (before and after each patient use)
- Game Ready equipment
- Metal down frames/walls where patients stretch
- Dust-and-wet mopping or aut0-scrubbing floors
- Personal cell phones
- Lockers/shower room
- Vacuuming of entryways and high traffic areas
- Removing trash
- Wiping heat and air conditioner vents
- Spot cleaning walls
- Spot cleaning carpets
- Cleaning spills
- Cover treatment tables and use pillow protectors, discard or launder coverings after each use
HOW YOU CAN HELP…
If you are experiencing symptoms, please contact us to cancel your appointment and contact your physician ASAP.
We are asking that only staff and patients go back into our treatment areas when possible. Family members that do not need to come into the clinic, are kindly asked to wait outside.
Regular hand washing with soap for at least 20 seconds are done:
- Before and after treating patients
- Before eating
- After sneezing, coughing, or nose blowing
- After using the restroom
- Before and after handling food
- After touching or cleaning surfaces that may be contaminated
- After using shared equipment like computer keyboards, phones and mice
If soap and water are no available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with 60-95% alcohol)
- Covering coughs and sneezes with tissues or the corner of elbow
- Disposing of soiled tissues immediately after use